CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 13 January 2012

Recipe: Apple Pie

So since I'm trying to shed this stone I have gained, which is about 6kg, and more I've decided no chocolate and make healthier choices. So my boyfriend the other day asked me to make apple pie now with no custard or ice cream it should be fine if I have a small slice, plus it has fruit in it which makes it healthy right? Well apart from the pastry which is mostly butter (-_-').

So for this kind of healthy pie you will need:
Pastry (if you can't make your own or are short for time buy ready-made shortcrust)
-225g butter at room temperature
-50g sugar
-2 eggs
-350g flour

Filling
-1kg apples
-140g sugar
-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

To make:
-Mix the butter and sugar with your hands (it can get a little messy), break in the eggs and stir with a spoon. Now add the flour slowly with a wooden spoon, begin to clump it up with your hands to make a dough ball, then refrigerate for 45 mins (I left mine overnight).
-Peel and slice the apples so they're in small chunks.
-After pastry has been chilled, heat the oven to 190c/170c fan or 350F if your oven is like that. Mix 140g sugar with the cinnamon and then coat the apples in this mixture . Cut a third of the pastry, then roll the rest out and line a pie tin thats 20-22cm and 4 cm deep, I used a cake tin it was fine, Put the apple mixture into the pastry lined tin.
-Make the Pastry lid with the third of pastry you cut off earlier. Seal the edges you can make a fancy crust pattern using a fork if you would like. Make five little slashes on the top so steam can escape. Bake for 40-45 mins until golden and then let sit for 5-10 mins to cool a little bit.

Can be served hot or cold.




In other news I've received some eyelashes I ordered unfortunately they don't come with glue and My friend Ivana received her Christmas package and she liked it. And I finally got paid from my Christmas job and have been looking for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment