CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Recipe: Spinach and Mushroom pasta



So I'm trying this flexitarian diet which is where breakfast and lunch are vegetarian and then dinner can have a little meat, this makes me want to get more creative with my cooking as well. I'm just doing it to eat more vegetables in my diet not because I want to become vegetarian and I enjoy some vegetarian dishes anyway.

Anyway so I cooked up this tasty spinach and mushroom pasta since they're my favourite two ingredients.

You will need:
-Mushrooms
-Onion
-Spinach (I used frozen, fresh will do)
-Spaghetti
-Milk
-Flour
-Mixed herbs
-Salt and pepper to taste

Firstly saute the mushrooms and onion in a frying pan. Start cooking the spaghetti now too follow the packet instructions. Then add milk and flour to the frying pan (sorry I don't have measurements I freestyled) stir whilst sauce thickens once thickened add spinach and mixed herbs, if you've used frozen spinach here cooked until defrosted. Next add the cooked spaghetti to the frying pan and make sure its all covered in sauce. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Volia.

A tasty vegetarian dish, I believe if you used something like chestnut mushrooms it would give a lovely woody flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment